Benefits of Walking in Women’s Health
Many people are so neglectful and ignorant of the health benefits of walking. But factually, walking as a hobby is healthy and can help you stay in shape. Below are few facts you should know about walking.
- Walking is simple, easy, free and yet powerful.
- Walking can help you stay trim and fit
- Walking can help, improve cholesterol levels.
- Walking can help strengthen your bones,
- Regular walking can help keep blood pressure in check,
- Daily walking can also help lift your mood
- Walking can also lower your risk for a number of diseases (diabetes and heart disease for example).
- Walking can also help improve memory and resist age-related memory loss
- So, please, form the habit of daily walk.
- Get a well-fitting and supportive pair of sport shoes.
- Then start with walking for about 10-15 minutes at a time daily.
- With time, as you master walking, increase the time and start to walk farther
- With time, start walking faster
- Then increase your walking to at least 30 to 60 minutes on most days of the week.
Dr. Chudi Godsons
Reference & Photo Credit